Sootslayer has the professionals and resources to perform most chimney repairs. We will inspect your chimney, inside and out, then make recommendations. The most common chimney system repairs include: chimney cleanout and ash dump area, firebox and smoke chamber repairs, flue repairs and relinings, chimney upgrades and converting fuels, and exterior damage due to water intrusion and weather. Our certified professionals will use video scanning if required to ensure the most detailed and thorough inspection of your chimney.
Chimney relining is a cost effective way of fixing a damaged or old chimney. Relining your chimney may be necessary after a chimney fire, natural accident (hurricanes, lightning strike, etc.), or if your chimney was built without a liner installed. Old liners or chimneys without liners may lead to creosote seeping through the chimney walls and may cause a chimney fire. Whether you are converting your furnace or boiler from one type of fuel to another, planning to install a wood stove in a fireplace or simply have not had lining inspected in a long time, call or email us for a professional consultation.
Common relining materials are Clay Flue liners, Stainless Steel liners, Aluminum and Cast-In-Place. HeatShield® is the latest in chimney repair technology.
- Stainless steel – the most common relining material. Available in round, rectangle and oval shapes and can be made of either flexible or rigid construction. These liners are insulated with either a ceramic fiber blanket or a mixture of Portland cement and vermiculite.
- Cast-in-Place involves pouring a special mixture of cement and insulation material around a form to create a new flue liner
- Clay flue -primary choice for new construction but can also be used for relining.
- Aluminum liners should only be used to vent certain gas powered appliances and are not suitable for woodburning fireplaces
- HeatShield® is a specially formulated “Cerfractory®” sealant material that restores the integrity of your chimney’s flue to vent hazardous flue gases from your home. It eliminates the dangers in your chimney caused by gaps, cracks and spalling for years to come. Click the CeCure logo below for more information.
Email Kyle or give him a call at(814) 359-2634 for more information.