Date(s) - 06/11/2022
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Pennwood Home and Hearth
June 10 & 11, 2022
BBQ Fest is coming up again. We have decided to bring the Smokin’ In The Gap BBQ Cook-off (Click for detail and to sign-up) back this year. The competition is going to be a people’s choice only this year so you’ll need to stop by the Pleasant Gap Fire Company’s table to get your ballots to vote. While you are at the table we ask that you consider making a small donation to the fire company, a donation is not required however.
We will have special sale prices on both hearth and outdoor products. If you are considering a new Bar-B-Que or outdoor kitchen, this is a must attend event. We will have great pricing on grills and grilling supplies.
We will have grilling demonstrations throughout the day. Stop by to learn some new techniques and sample some delicious food. We will have lots of BBQ sauces and seasonings available to sample as well. Otto’s Pub & Brewery will be onsite with their beer trailer to help raise money for the PGFD.
Pennwood will have limited seating so we recommend that you bring your own chairs to help with social distancing.
Schedule of Events for Friday June 10th:
- 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Todd Burns from Louisiana Grills. Grilling demos. Come taste the great food Todd will be serving and see the difference between the Louisiana Grills and the other, thinner pellet grills on the market.
- 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Primo Ceramic Grills demo. Walter Carroll will be grilling on the Primo Ceramic Grill. Come taste the amazing food off the Primo and see why it’s the most versatile grill made.
- 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Chris Marks Steak Class (Paid Event) – Learn the different cuts of steak, how to choose steaks, and how to make a less tender steak more tender. Chris will cover different cooking techniques, fuels, and temperature. He will be using the Smokin’ Brothers pellet grill and PK charcoal grill.
Schedule of Events for Saturday June 11th:
- 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Louisiana Grills Demo. Todd Burns will be starting with breakfast items and then switch over to more lunch and dinner foods. He will be covering all aspects of cooking with Louisiana Pellet Grills and seasonings.
- 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Primo Ceramic Grills Demo. Walter Carroll be serving breakfast and dinner items. He will be grilling on the Primo Ceramics Grills and showing why they are the most versatile ceramic grills.
- 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Chris Marks & Three Little Pigs Rubs & Sauces. Chris has won more than 50 national barbeque championships, and over 600 individual awards including the Jack Daniel’s World Championship BBQ Sauce Championship, and the Grand Daddy of the all the American Royal in Kansas City Grand Championship 8 times. He will be serving samples seasoned with Three Little Pigs Rubs and Sauces, prepared on the PK Grills and Smokin’ Brothers pellet grill using Jealous Devil charcoal and pellets. Chris will also be demonstrating the Tappecue thermometers. Stop by and ask the Champ your BBQ questions and taste all the Three Little Pigs rubs and sauces.
- 10:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. The Clementi and Rossofuoco wood fired ovens in operation. Rony Lopez of Rony’s Place will be cooking pizzas all day. Stop by and taste some amazing wood fired pizza prepared in the true Italian pizza ovens.
- 10:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Otto’s Pub & Brewery will be onsite with their beer trailer.
- 10:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Napoleon Grills demo. We will be grilling a variety of food all using Heath Riles BBQ and Sucklebusters rubs and sauces. We will be demonstrating Duck Fat spray and how it can take your food to the next level. There will be a tasting station here so to try all of the Heath Riles and Sucklebusters rubs and sauces as well as Hoff & Peppers small batch hot sauces.
- 10:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. We will have a station setup to using Village Eatinghouse dressings, Killer Hogs seasonings, and Smithey cast iron cookware. Village Eatinghouse makes small batch dressings locally that have an explosion of flavor. Smithey cast iron is a premium USA made cast iron that is truly nonstick ready to cook out of the box.
- 10:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Breeo Smokeless Fire Pits. We will have a demonstration of the original smokeless fire pit. We’ll also be using their different cooking accessories to show versatile these Pennsylvania made fire pits are
- 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Music by KIDZ at HEART band presented by Pinehurst Custom Homes. These guys played last year and they were a real crowd pleaser.
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. People’s Choice sampling and voting for the Smokin’ In The Gap BBQ Cook-off. Go around and taste ribs, pork loin, and pulled pork from the barbecue teams and then vote for your favorite to help us crown the champion.
We would like to thank all of our sponsors: